Benefits of Membership
Support, Advice and Representation
- National support and advice - The CPPP Executive Committee which support members and can access expert advice on all aspects of private practice including legal, tax and business advice.
- Support from the Administrative office - CPPP has an administrator especially trained to support members (email@example.com).
- Representation on standing committees of ISCP – Research &Innovation, Education & Professional Development committees. Representation on other committees include: Statutory Registration Committee, Dublin City Marathon, Graduates Working Party, Integrated services (Primary Care) working group.
- CPPP Committee can link with the Vice President for representation on the ISCP Board.
- Representation with major private health insurers - CPPP will keep members informed of changes affecting the market place in which members work.
- CPPP is a member of the International Private Practitioners Association, which is a sub group of WCPT for Private Practitioners.
- CPPP Subscription fees have been reduced by €50.00 for full members and €25.00 for associate members in 2011 / 2012.
Advertising and Promotion
- Inclusion in the MIMS Diary for 2012. MIMS diary is circulated to all GP’s and Consultants in the Republic of Ireland.
- Inclusion in the CPPP booklet, 11,000 of which are, distributed through MIMS to GPs nationwide as well as Occupational Health Physicians, Consultants, Hospitals, Pharmacies, Nursing Homes and other Physiotherapists.
- Advertising – Golden Pages offer members the opportunity to advertise in a CPPP block advert at special rates.
- An increased PR and advertising budget and campaign. “Find a Physio” has been promoted on RTE radio 1 with voiceovers by Michael O Muircheartaigh and Tommy Bowe, Irish Rugby International.
- A regular newsletter, updating members of the latest news in private practice and the ongoing work of the committee that relates to Chartered Physiotherapists in Private Practice.
- A member's rate for attendance at the Annual Business Strategy Day and all other courses run by the CPPP.
- Use of the CPPP and ISCP logo - Corporate branding using the CPPP logo is available to Full Members. All Full members are eligible to use the CPPP logo promoting the employment group and indicating membership of a national group of high quality professionals.
- Patient Information Leaflets - A new series of branded leaflets available on the CPPP website.
- Banner advertising on Hogan Stand website (GAA official website) and a click through to “Find a Physio” for members of the public.
- “Find a Physio” - All CPPP practicing, current members can be listed on the CPPP website for members of the public to locate a Private Practice Chartered Physiotherapist in their local area.
- “Find a physio” has a direct link from the ISCP website to the CPPP website.
- “Find a Physio” link is on the Golden Pages Nationwide Mysite, Myknee.ie, Sportsvis, so members of public and professionals can access Chartered Physiotherapists working in private practice in their area.
- Access to “Members' Area” on the CPPP website - This area contains up to date information on business and clinical issues, details of conferences, downloadable documents for your practice. FAQ's - A searchable bank of Frequently Asked Questions available for members 24/7.
Education and Training
- Business Strategy Day - A specially designed programme of topics and speakers to meet private practitioner, often with business elements, to help you succeed in your practice.
- Education Programme - Relevant courses are organised nationally; there are also specific courses on different business aspects of running practices they are an excellent way of obtaining useful information in an informal and friendly atmosphere. The programme continues to be developed and rolled out to members in the near future.
- Access to experts - amongst the CPPP membership is experts in most clinical fields.
- Members have access to the Univadis website which gives them access to primal pictures and other resource material.
- Access to In Touch Journal from Physio First, UK Private Practice Organisation
- Provision of CPR Courses and Child First Courses for members to maintain their mandatory training and professional duties in those areas.
- Access to Physio First Business Courses and Annual Conference.